DR. AMIT ASALKAR
MBBS, MD, D.Diab, PGD. Endocrinology (Cardiff, UK)
Dr. Amit Asalkar’s aim in life is very simple: “To simplify lives of diabetics & Thyroid patients by helping them to cope with the demands of a complex condition, with help of scientific knowledge, proper patient education, use of latest technology and comprehensive patient care.”
With a vision to help diabetes patient not just medically but also mentally, Dr. Amit Asalkar has kept his goals fairly simple in life. He wishes to excel in field of Diabetes & Thyroid disorders management & provide comprehensive care. Dr. Amit Asalkar also wants to make regional diabetic profile data, suitable for research activities. With a crystal clear vision Dr. Amit Asalkar has persistently walked the path of determination and commitment to achieve the same.
Dr. Amit Asalkar is the Director & Endocrinologist Consultant at HORMOCARE, Comprehensive Thyroid, Diabetes & Endocrine care centre. He is also a Consultant Endocrinologist at the Aster- Aadhar Hospital, Kolhapur. Below mentioned are some of his key skills
- Four years of teaching experience of which two years as Assistant
- Professor & Two years of Junior residency teaching UG and PG students in Government medical college in Maharashtra.
- Have total 8 yrs experience in handling daily Diabetic & Thyroid OPD & IPD cases in tertiary centre civil hospital in Pune, Mumbai, Chennai, Sangli, Miraj. Chiplun and Kolhapur.
- Two year Foreign experience of latest techniques, instruments & medicines for comprehensive care in the field of diabetes & Thyroid management.
- Worked as Junior resident in B.J. Medical college, Pune from June 2007 to May 2010.
- Worked as Assistant professor in RCSM Govt Medical college, Kolhapur.
- Worked as Senior Registrar, Dept of Endocrinology at KEM hosp, Mumbai
- Worked as visiting Endocrinologist, in BKLW hospital & Rural medical college, Chiplun
- Working as Consultant Endocrinologist Aster Aadhar hospital, Kolhapur
- Experience of CSII Insulin pumps for Type-1 DM patients.
- Expertise in latest Insulin’s & other OHA’s.
- Experienced in management of Gestational DM & gestational thyroid disorders.
- Trained in CGMS, Continuous glucose monitoring system.
- Experienced in dietary management & weight loss.
- Work in Paediatric endocrinology for aspects of growth & puberty.
- Adrenal & Pituitary dynamic testing work up.
- PCOD & infertility management
- Osteoporosis prevention & management
- Hands on exposure to hormonal assays using CLIA systems.